Next Week, September 26 to September 30, is Freedom Week!
Florida Statutes designates the month of September as American Founders’ Month and recognizes the last full week of classes in September in public schools as Celebrate Freedom Week. Celebrate Freedom Week encourages instruction on the intent, meaning and importance of the Declaration of Independence.
At the beginning of each school day during Celebrate Freedom Week, public school principals and teachers shall conduct an oral recitation by students of the following words from the Declaration of Independence:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.”
- Monday September 26- Stars and Stripes Show us your patriotic spirit by wearing stars and stripes.
- Tuesday September 27-Heroes Day Our nation is full of heroes who make it great. Dress up as your favorite hero.
- Wednesday September 28- School Spirit Day You are a great citizen in your school. Wear a school shirt or school colors.
- Thursday September 29- Throwback Thursday History Rocks. Dress from your favorite decade.
- Friday September 30- Freedom Friday We are so grateful for our flag that waves. Wear our flag colors, Red, White and Blue.