Oakstead Elementary School
Principal: Tamera Kimpland
19925 Lake Patience Road
Land O Lakes, FL 34638
Phone: (813) 346-1500
Fax: (813) 346-1591
Note From Mrs. Kimpland & Mrs. Stine
Wow it’s May, one of the best months at Oakstead!! We will be continuing end of the year assessments in subject areas that were not tested by the state and seeing the results of all the learning this year! In May, Mother’s will be recognized, all our student will enjoy Otter Splash Day, and 5th graders will have many things to celebrate as they prepare to move on to middle school. Please be sure to look at all the events listed below and read all your emails from your child’s teacher, because we have so much going on.
Important Things to remember before the last day-
*All library books are due back on May 18th * You must have access to the Parent Portal to see your child’s 4th quarter Report Card
Reminder every Monday our staff and students will be wearing Kindness Matters shirts to promote our school theme. If you did not purchase a shirt, your child may still join in by wearing teal! Green spirit is every Friday! Wear your Oakstead, 5th grade leadership, or any green shirt to show your school spirit.
Offering Excellence To All Students
Oakstead Elementary is a community school located within the Oakstead Subdivision in Land O Lakes, Florida. Just north of Tampa Bay, Oakstead opened it’s doors in 2006 as part of Pasco County Schools. Currently our school serves over 750 students in grades pre-k through five. This year our school-wide motto is Kindness Matters. Teachers, students and parents can work together to create students who are College, Career, and Life Ready.
- May 4th – All Pro Dad Breakfast 8:30 (Picnic Lunch)
- May 7th – 11th is School Staff Appreciation Week
- May 9th – Mother’s Day Celebration
- 1st Grade is 1:15 – 2:00 PM
- Kindergarten is 2:15 – 3:00 PM
- May 10th – Texas Roadhouse Night 4 – 10 PM
- May 11th – Otter Splash!! *Please see the flyer to know what to bring
- May 15th – PTA Meeting 5:30 SAC Meeting 7:00
- May 17th – McOtter Night 5 – 7 PM
- May 18th – Kindergarten Awards 10 AM
- May 22nd – 1st Grade Awards 10 AM
- May 25th – Last Day of School
All Pro Dad’s Day is a simple idea with a profound impact. It’s a one-hour monthly breakfast held before school where fathers and their children meet with other dads and kids in the school cafeteria or a local restaurant.